Paseo de la Resaca is the trademark name of the thousand acre Master Planned Community in Brownsville, Texas, formerly known as Hudson Farm. Hubert R. Hudson, Sr., acquired the land for farming in 1937. From 1937 to 1993 the farm was utilized for various agricultural uses. The City of Brownsville, however, grew to surround the thousand acres and in 1993 the Hudson Farm partnership began development planning. Implementation of the plan began in 1995. Agricultural use continues on land that is not under development. The development has created a tax base of $300-600 million consisting of 4,000 households and about one million square feet of commercial and public buildings, surrounding a 100+ acre park.